It’s just as important to train your mind as it is to exercise your body. You will always be defeated if your body is powerful but your mentality is weak. A well-trained mind will help you cope with the tension and suffering of a physical encounter. You will benefit significantly from understanding the body and learning how to control the sensation of adrenaline build-up when under stress. Understanding how adrenaline works helps to reduce its potency. If you don’t understand how adrenaline works, it can be frightening. If you don’t comprehend what’s going on, this unpleasant and overwhelming emotion can make you freeze in panic. Don’t panic is the key to adrenaline; it’s not simple, but the adrenal syndrome must be treated and understood before it can be harnessed and exploited.
Adrenaline acts like a turbocharger in a car, allowing you to choose between fight or flight, but you must know how to use it for your own good. If it isn’t used for action, panic sets in, and the energy is wasted.
To help control adrenaline in a confrontational situation, deep breathing and knowledge will help.
Training The Mind For Fear Control
When a situation arises that causes the adrenaline to flow we are so unfamiliar with the feeling we panic, so this is why we have to train it and get used to the feeling, so we can get used to it. Psychologists call it the Fight or Flight syndrome. In the moment of danger, the body injects chemicals (hormones) into the bloodstream to prepare the body for fight or flight. Adrenaline is the best know, but there is a whole cocktail of chemicals (Epinephrene, norepinephrine, and dopamine). These chemicals help strengthen the body and make the brain more alert, and some are natural pain killers.
The advantages of these chemicals are:
- Additional Strength;
- Increased pain threshold;
- Increased awareness.
Some disadvantages are:
- A dry mouth;
- Increased pupil dilation;
- A broken or high pitched voice;
- Nervous tension;
- General clumsiness;
- Loss of motor skills;
- Muscle twitching and shaking.
Other effects are;
- Visual slow down. This is a distortion of time; everything seems to be happening in slow motion;
- Auditory exclusion. You may get a high pitched ringing, or the sound seems to fade away;
- Psychological splitting. This is best described as an out-of-body experience, where the person sees himself outside his body.
There are many more effects, if you want to know more I suggest you read a good book on self-protection ‘Dead or Alive’ by Geoff Thompson or ‘Streetwise’ by Peter Consterdine are two excellent books for anyone interested in personal safety.
Other Martial Arts Beginners Are Also Reading
- Definitions Of Various MMA Training Gear And Fighting Gear
- The Largest MMA Organization The UFC Is Now Taking Over MMA Fashion With UFC Clothing And Apparel
- Fairtex Training Gear Is One Of The Most Sought After Gear By MMA Enthusiasts
- Venum Clothing Is Making A Big Impact MMA With Their Unique Venum Fight Shorts
- About MMA Gloves And Where To Find MMA Gear
- MMA Rash Guards And Grappling Rash Guard Have Many Benefits When Training MMA
- Women’s MMA Gear, Clothing & Apparels Guide For Female Fighters!
- How Properly Use A Heavy Bag For Boxing?
- Is Sledgehammer Training Becoming A Key Part For MMA Training
- MMA Rash Guards Offer Extra Protection
- The Benefits Of Using A Free Standing Heavy Bag
- Mma Kickboxing
- Is A Muay Thai Bag Different Than A Boxing Bag?
- Major Advances In Men’s MMA Shorts
- Kickboxing And MMA Training Require Quality MMA Shin Guards
- Optimum MMA Training Begins With Quality MMA Training Gear
- Make Good Decisions When Buying MMA Shorts
- Starting With Kickboxing
- Amazon Prime Day 2022 – Best Discounts For Martial Arts Accessories | Training Equipment Under COVID-19
- Martial Arts Protective Gear & Equipment | Black Friday Deals For Training Under COVID-19
- Get A Pro Quality Fight Jersey For MMA Training
- Using Boxing Gloves For Mixed Martial Arts Training
- Quality Fairtex Training Gear
- Why Wearing A Jiu Jitsu Gi Is Important When Training?
- Is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Right For You?
- Five Equipment Essentials Of MMA Training
- MMA HeadWear And MMA Hats Are A Great Addition To Any Wardrobe
- Get A MMA Fight Jersey From Top Apparel & Clothing Brands
- Productive Training With MMA Training Gear And Martial Arts Training Equipment
- Today’s MMA Shorts And Grappling Shorts Offer Style And Performance
- MMA Training Pads And Proper Sparring Equipment Are Needed When Training MMA
- Jiu Jitsu Pro Gear Is Essential To Training Your Ground Game
- An MMA Mouth Guard Is Essential When Training Or Competing In MMA
- Men’s MMA Shorts And Fight Shorts Are Becoming More Stylish
- Womens MMA Gear & Womens MMA Clothing Becoming More Popular As The Sport Grows
- Using Fight Gear, MMA Gear And MMA Clothing To Train Right And Look Good!
- REIKI JUTSU – A New Perspective On Martial Arts.
- Are Compression Suits A New Big Thing In Cutting Weight?
- Wushu For Kids
👍 For Adults
- Use MMA Training For Health And Weight Loss
- The Seriousness Of Having A Powerful Fighting Stance
- Considering Aikido? Is This What Steven Seagal Does?
👍 For Kids
- Which Sports Are Most Popular In America? Here Are What Is Supposed To Be The Top 20!
- An Introduction To Shotokan Karate
- Starting Out In Aikido
👍 Martial Arts Equiptments