Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is without a doubt one of the combat sports that is expanding at the quickest rate, not only in the nation but also throughout the globe. Every day, there are more and more individuals of all ages starting to participate in the sport. As the proprietor of an online MMA business as well as a blog devoted to the sport, I receive a lot of questions from customers asking me to recommend the most effective MMA training equipment.
When beginning training in any kind of contact sport, but particularly MMA, it is very necessary to have MMA training gear and fighting gear that is both appropriate and of high quality. The following is a list of items of protective clothing and combat gear that are required for participation in this sport:
✅ Best Mouth Guard For MMA Training
Pretty Good Mouth Guard – It is hard to mess up a mouth guard and they did not. It looks just like the posted pictures. The instructions come in Chinese though. So you will have to look up how to boil mouth guards if you are unfamiliar.. The long and short, sit the mouth guard in boiling water for about 12 seconds so the gel can get soft. Put the guard in your mouth, put you tongue to the roof of your mouth, and create a sealed vacuum inside your mouth. You only have to hold that for about 20 seconds and then you will be good.
✅ Best Ringside Groin and Abdominal Boxing Protector
This is great protection! – Does the job and worth the money. Will be spending more for a cup with better hip protection. Great cup if you like lease amount of weight on body.
✅ Best Training Rash Guard For MMA BJJ Wrestling
Great value that serves its purpose, but is it truly a “rashguard”? – The fit is good enough to be useful, however. Unlike a normal t-shirt, this will not ride up your torso while grappling. It will generally stay in place. That said, it is still much looser than a standard rashguard, meaning the possibility of a finger getting caught under the fabric exists.
✅ Best Boxing Training Gloves For Men And Women
High quality, inexpensive gloves – These gloves are comfortable and come on and off easy with the Velcro straps. Great price for training gloves for bag and mitt work. The are also cool and don’t get too hot or sweaty during training sessions. It’s also nice that they come with a mesh bag and a pair of hand wraps.
✅ Best Fighting Head Guard Sparring Helmet
Excellent Product for People who Tend to Fall on their Face – This headgear will fit both adults and kids. Like the wide velcro strap behind the head so fits nicely. The synthetic leather probably won’t last years but with care hopefully get some usage out of it. The padding is thick enough for some protection of the head, jaw and chin. Direct foreword blow the nose if someone using boxing gloves won’t hit but with open fist easily hit your nose. So probably good for boxing. For the price it’s pretty descent.
✅ Best Venum Challenger Standup Shinguards
Comfortable fit, durable – Good quality product, has withstood many training sessions so far. Has some good features, like Velcro straps on the inside (so they don’t scratch you if something gets loose) Easy to put on/off, straps are big enough to accommodate a second pair of shin guards underneath. They take impact really well, and are so light you hardly know you’re wearing them.
✅ Best Men’s MMA Grappling Shorts
MAXIMUM STRETCH – Legend has it your training shorts were designed from the same material as Stretch Armstrong. Ok, not really, but they have an incredible stretch that allows you to focus on your roll and not your gear.
✅ Best Venum Boxing Hand Wraps
Great price and quality – These wraps are great! Nice and long and allow you to property wrap your hands. If you want to be able to wrap your hands correctly you would stick to the longer wraps.
- MMA Mouth Guard – An MMA Mouth Guard is perfect for keeping those pretty teeth where they belong, in your mouth! The mouth guard protects the teeth and jaw while sparring or competing and reduces the chance of concussions. A mouth guard should conform to the upper teeth so it does not obstruct breathing when the mouth is open.
- Groin Protectors – The groin protector is usually made from multiple layers of foam surrounding a thick plastic shell, and encased in vinyl to make it very protective and durable. This guard can be worn on top of or underneath clothing.
- MMA Rash Guards – Are moisture wicking, resist bacteria, fungus, mildew and viruses like Staph which are common in MMA dojos. Rash Guards are also odor resistant. MMA Rash Guards are built for comfort and breathe ability for maximum durability and best performance on the mat.
- Boxing/MMA Gloves – When training MMA you will need a pair of boxing gloves for pad work, bag work and for sparring. For sparring you will want to have a pair of 16oz gloves.
- Sparring Headgear – Sparring headgear helps protect your head by absorbing blows when training. It is a good idea to ALWAYS where headgear and mouthpiece when sparring.
- MMA Shin Guards – When training your stand-up it is a good idea to wear shin guards. They will protect your shins from shin to shin contact, which until your shins get conditioned is very painful.
- MMA Fight Shorts – MMA fight shorts are shorts which are specifically designed for training Mixed Martial Arts. The material is usually very flexible and the shorts will usually have waist ties and velcro closure. Some mma shorts have a split seam at the leg to allow less resistance when kicking.
- MMA Handwraps – Handwraps are used to protect the hands from being injured. It is a good idea to always wrap your hands when doing any type of striking, such as pad work, bag work or sparring.
We help this list helps anyone that is considering taking up the sport of mma or any other combat sport for that matter.
Other Martial Arts Beginners Are Also Reading
- Amazon Prime Day 2022 – Best Discounts For Martial Arts Accessories | Training Equipment Under COVID-19
- Martial Arts Protective Gear & Equipment | Black Friday Deals For Training Under COVID-19
- Get A Pro Quality Fight Jersey For MMA Training
- Using Boxing Gloves For Mixed Martial Arts Training
- Quality Fairtex Training Gear
- Why Wearing A Jiu Jitsu Gi Is Important When Training?
- Is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Right For You?
- Five Equipment Essentials Of MMA Training
- MMA HeadWear And MMA Hats Are A Great Addition To Any Wardrobe
- Get A MMA Fight Jersey From Top Apparel & Clothing Brands
- Productive Training With MMA Training Gear And Martial Arts Training Equipment
- Today’s MMA Shorts And Grappling Shorts Offer Style And Performance
- MMA Training Pads And Proper Sparring Equipment Are Needed When Training MMA
- Jiu Jitsu Pro Gear Is Essential To Training Your Ground Game
- An MMA Mouth Guard Is Essential When Training Or Competing In MMA
- Men’s MMA Shorts And Fight Shorts Are Becoming More Stylish
- Womens MMA Gear & Womens MMA Clothing Becoming More Popular As The Sport Grows
- Using Fight Gear, MMA Gear And MMA Clothing To Train Right And Look Good!
- Definitions Of Various MMA Training Gear And Fighting Gear
- The Largest MMA Organization The UFC Is Now Taking Over MMA Fashion With UFC Clothing And Apparel
- Fairtex Training Gear Is One Of The Most Sought After Gear By MMA Enthusiasts
- Venum Clothing Is Making A Big Impact MMA With Their Unique Venum Fight Shorts
- About MMA Gloves And Where To Find MMA Gear
- MMA Rash Guards And Grappling Rash Guard Have Many Benefits When Training MMA
- Women’s MMA Gear, Clothing & Apparels Guide For Female Fighters!
- How Properly Use A Heavy Bag For Boxing?
- Is Sledgehammer Training Becoming A Key Part For MMA Training
- MMA Rash Guards Offer Extra Protection
- The Benefits Of Using A Free Standing Heavy Bag
- Mma Kickboxing
- Is A Muay Thai Bag Different Than A Boxing Bag?
- Major Advances In Men’s MMA Shorts
- Kickboxing And MMA Training Require Quality MMA Shin Guards
- Optimum MMA Training Begins With Quality MMA Training Gear
- Make Good Decisions When Buying MMA Shorts
- Starting With Kickboxing
- The Strategy Of The Sword: Part 1
- Quality MMA Gear From Throwdown Clothing
👍 For Adults
- How To Choose The Right Martial Arts Club?
- Tai Chi Breathing Exercises
- Top Martial Arts – The Common Factors
👍 For Kids
- What Martial Art Is Best For Me | Expert Review
- Building Your Child’s Character By Enrolling Them In Ninjutsu And Other Martial Arts Training
- An Introduction To Shotokan Karate
👍 Martial Arts Equiptments