An MMA fighter utilises his feet more than any other body component throughout a battle, whether it’s adjusting his posture to get a strategic advantage while facing an opponent, ducking punches, or delivering kicks as an offensive move during a fight, for a variety of reasons.
One fast kick may knock an opponent off his feet, and the feet and lower legs receive a significant amount of punishment as a result of the impact.
In mixed martial arts (MMA), shin guards are worn to protect these vital regions, keeping them safe from damage while allowing the fighter to move and utilise his legs freely without limitation.
This is particularly true in the case of kick boxing, or Muay Thai as it is often known as in Thailand, where it is considered the national sport.
In Muay Thai, a fighter must go through a hard training regimen and use a variety of kicks, knees, and foot thrusts in order to weaken and ultimately destroy his opponent.
Due to the fact that Muay Thai competitors utilise their legs far more than they do in other styles of MMA combat, shin protectors are quite crucial.
✅ Best Venum Challenger Standup Shinguards
Comfortable fit, durable – Good quality product, has withstood many training sessions so far. Has some good features, like Velcro straps on the inside (so they don’t scratch you if something gets loose) Easy to put on/off, straps are big enough to accommodate a second pair of shin guards underneath. They take impact really well, and are so light you hardly know you’re wearing them.
These guards protect all areas of the lower leg, including the knees, calves, shins, and ankles, safeguarding them from serious injury or fracture.
In the old days, athletes had only straps and buckles to wrap around the hands, knees, and feet for protection. Since then, the technology in manufacturing protective equipment for fighters has come a long way.
Several vendors now offer MMA shin guards that meet UFC standards for protection and performance during championship matches, including Hayabusa Fightwear, Warrior, and Combat Sports.
These companies use ergonomics and applied engineering to make functional protective equipment to improve the quality of the sport and help fighters have long-lasting careers.
Combat Sports is one of the better brands that designs top quality Muay Thai shin guards. Several superior models are available, like their Gel Shock Grappling Shin-Instep Guard.
An inner gel lining offers maximum protection among other brands and the guard itself even has neoprene support and lining at the back to help the guards stay in place.
They also carry youth guards for younger fighters and Ergonomic Shin Guards for a more basic look with dual hook and loop closures.
>>> Read Next >>>
Hayabusa Fightwear is another quality brand name that always offers professional quality and utilizes the latest technology.
Their Pro Shin-Instep Guards not only look sharp, but are shaped to fit well, protect well, and breathe well, while not being too heavy or cumbersome.
Regardless of the design, MMA shin guards should not hamper the individual – rubbing, pinching, or binding are signs of an ill-fitting guard that should be avoided.
Concentration in the ring is of utmost importance, and fighters don’t have time to worry about equipment that doesn’t perform as well as it should or becomes a weakness that an opponent can capitalize on.
It pays to pay special attention to these factors when fitting yourself for a pair of these all-important Muay Thai shin guards.
Likewise, if the guards are difficult to get on or off, the convenience factor is lost. Most vendors size their shin guards for the weight of the athlete, usually in either regular or large.
A proper fit is paramount, as a competitor doesn’t want his guards to shift or slip off during an intense sequence of moves.
Other Martial Arts Beginners Are Also Reading
- The Benefits Of Using A Free Standing Heavy Bag
- Amazon Prime Day 2022 – Best Discounts For Martial Arts Accessories | Training Equipment Under COVID-19
- Martial Arts Protective Gear & Equipment | Black Friday Deals For Training Under COVID-19
- Get A Pro Quality Fight Jersey For MMA Training
- Using Boxing Gloves For Mixed Martial Arts Training
- Quality Fairtex Training Gear
- Why Wearing A Jiu Jitsu Gi Is Important When Training?
- Is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Right For You?
- Five Equipment Essentials Of MMA Training
- MMA HeadWear And MMA Hats Are A Great Addition To Any Wardrobe
- Get A MMA Fight Jersey From Top Apparel & Clothing Brands
- Productive Training With MMA Training Gear And Martial Arts Training Equipment
- Today’s MMA Shorts And Grappling Shorts Offer Style And Performance
- MMA Training Pads And Proper Sparring Equipment Are Needed When Training MMA
- Jiu Jitsu Pro Gear Is Essential To Training Your Ground Game
- An MMA Mouth Guard Is Essential When Training Or Competing In MMA
- Men’s MMA Shorts And Fight Shorts Are Becoming More Stylish
- Womens MMA Gear & Womens MMA Clothing Becoming More Popular As The Sport Grows
- Using Fight Gear, MMA Gear And MMA Clothing To Train Right And Look Good!
- Definitions Of Various MMA Training Gear And Fighting Gear
- The Largest MMA Organization The UFC Is Now Taking Over MMA Fashion With UFC Clothing And Apparel
- Fairtex Training Gear Is One Of The Most Sought After Gear By MMA Enthusiasts
- Venum Clothing Is Making A Big Impact MMA With Their Unique Venum Fight Shorts
- About MMA Gloves And Where To Find MMA Gear
- MMA Rash Guards And Grappling Rash Guard Have Many Benefits When Training MMA
- Women’s MMA Gear, Clothing & Apparels Guide For Female Fighters!
- How Properly Use A Heavy Bag For Boxing?
- Is Sledgehammer Training Becoming A Key Part For MMA Training
- MMA Rash Guards Offer Extra Protection
- Mma Kickboxing
- Is A Muay Thai Bag Different Than A Boxing Bag?
- Major Advances In Men’s MMA Shorts
- Kickboxing And MMA Training Require Quality MMA Shin Guards
- Optimum MMA Training Begins With Quality MMA Training Gear
- Make Good Decisions When Buying MMA Shorts
- Starting With Kickboxing
- Training The Mind For Fear Control
- Advantages Of Taking Up Martial Arts
👍 For Adults
- Men’s MMA Shorts And Fight Shorts Are Becoming More Stylish
- HAPKIDO – Mastering The Art (Part 2)
- What Martial Art Does Jason Bourne Use?
👍 For Kids
- Explained By Expert: Differences Between Kung Fu Vs Taekwondo | Martial Arts In 2022
- Building Your Child’s Character By Enrolling Them In Ninjutsu And Other Martial Arts Training
- Best Martial Arts Styles And Actions In 2022 | Exercise Under COVID-19
👍 Martial Arts Equiptments