The rise in popularity of mixed martial arts over the years has led to an increase in the number of people using free standing heavy bags, which in turn has led to the popularity of mixed martial arts. These bags have a variety of advantages in comparison to a heavy bag that is hung from the ceiling.
Even boxing gyms have come to realise these advantages, and the only people who sneer at this sort of punching bag when they see it used in a boxing school are boxing purists.
The greater striking area that users obtain with a free standing heavy bag is one of the benefits of using such a bag; it is much larger than a hanging bag. This is of the utmost importance to those who participate in mixed martial arts, in which punches are often paired with kicks and knee blows.
A free standing bag can not only adapt to the various assaults, but it can also sustain them more effectively than most hanging bags can.
✅ Best Boxing Bag For Immediate Bounce Back
High Quality – The boxing bag is made of durable multi-layer PVC material, which is thick, durable, flexible that help to hold air well and withstand all the damage without tearing-out like other inflatable punching bag products you have used before.
When a person really wants a hanging bag, they may opt for a double mounted hanging bag, but you will be surprised how much the bag still sways. A free standing heavy bag weighs quite a bit more than even the heaviest hanging bag.
The popular water filled bags can weigh as much as 275 pounds and that weight can increase when sand is used as the filler instead. This extra weight gives you a more stable bag to punch, kick, and strike with your knee.
To lessen the movement, a free standing heavy bag relies on extra padding which helps to cushion the blow and prevent swaying. You can tinker with the filling to get the best feel. For a more firm and substantial feel, opt for a bag filled with sand instead of the all-popular water.
The individual school may even have a few of each, giving the less experienced strikers a chance to use the water filled and the more advanced students the sand filled to keep it from moving when it is struck.
Also, freestanding bags are more portable than hanging bags. A small karate dojo, for instance, can have these lined up on the walls and will only roll them out to the middle of the gym when needed.
When there is not enough space for a permanent mount of a hanging bag, the standing bag becomes the obvious choice.
Moreover, you cannot ignore the costs. The filling is not added in the factory and the user must add either water or sand to the bag at home; this keeps costs low.
You will also find less labor is needed, which also results in saved money. A good percentage of labor costs comes from sewing the bag together by hand. Due to the design of a standing bag, less hand sewing is required.
Finally, there is the cost of shipping; it is very affordable. Since these boxing bags are shipped without filling, you will find the shipping costs to be a lot lower than your typical heavy bags.
Many of the heavy bags have shipping limits as to where they can be shipped. Limitations aren’t an issue with a freestanding heavy bag due to their size and weight.
A free standing heavy bag makes sense for more and more people. The benefits include the different styles unavailable, varying weights, and multiple mounting options.
Other Martial Arts Beginners Are Also Reading
- Definitions Of Various MMA Training Gear And Fighting Gear
- The Largest MMA Organization The UFC Is Now Taking Over MMA Fashion With UFC Clothing And Apparel
- Fairtex Training Gear Is One Of The Most Sought After Gear By MMA Enthusiasts
- Venum Clothing Is Making A Big Impact MMA With Their Unique Venum Fight Shorts
- About MMA Gloves And Where To Find MMA Gear
- MMA Rash Guards And Grappling Rash Guard Have Many Benefits When Training MMA
- Women’s MMA Gear, Clothing & Apparels Guide For Female Fighters!
- How Properly Use A Heavy Bag For Boxing?
- Is Sledgehammer Training Becoming A Key Part For MMA Training
- MMA Rash Guards Offer Extra Protection
- The Benefits Of Using A Free Standing Heavy Bag
- Mma Kickboxing
- Is A Muay Thai Bag Different Than A Boxing Bag?
- Major Advances In Men’s MMA Shorts
- Kickboxing And MMA Training Require Quality MMA Shin Guards
- Optimum MMA Training Begins With Quality MMA Training Gear
- Make Good Decisions When Buying MMA Shorts
- Starting With Kickboxing
- Amazon Prime Day 2022 – Best Discounts For Martial Arts Accessories | Training Equipment Under COVID-19
- Martial Arts Protective Gear & Equipment | Black Friday Deals For Training Under COVID-19
- Get A Pro Quality Fight Jersey For MMA Training
- Using Boxing Gloves For Mixed Martial Arts Training
- Quality Fairtex Training Gear
- Why Wearing A Jiu Jitsu Gi Is Important When Training?
- Is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Right For You?
- Five Equipment Essentials Of MMA Training
- MMA HeadWear And MMA Hats Are A Great Addition To Any Wardrobe
- Get A MMA Fight Jersey From Top Apparel & Clothing Brands
- Productive Training With MMA Training Gear And Martial Arts Training Equipment
- Today’s MMA Shorts And Grappling Shorts Offer Style And Performance
- MMA Training Pads And Proper Sparring Equipment Are Needed When Training MMA
- Jiu Jitsu Pro Gear Is Essential To Training Your Ground Game
- An MMA Mouth Guard Is Essential When Training Or Competing In MMA
- Men’s MMA Shorts And Fight Shorts Are Becoming More Stylish
- Womens MMA Gear & Womens MMA Clothing Becoming More Popular As The Sport Grows
- Using Fight Gear, MMA Gear And MMA Clothing To Train Right And Look Good!
- Pointers For Fighters On How To Properly Use Epsom Salt Baths To Cut Weight
- An Introduction To Shotokan Karate
- TapouT Apparel Carries on the Charles “Mask” Lewis Legacy With Quality Clothing
👍 For Adults
- Which MMA Fighting Style Is The Most Effective?
- Choose A TKO Heavy Bag For A Great Workout
- How To Choose The Right Martial Arts Club?
👍 For Kids
- Starting Out In Aikido
- Building Your Child’s Character By Enrolling Them In Ninjutsu And Other Martial Arts Training
- How To Choose The Right Martial Arts Club?
👍 Martial Arts Equiptments