There are two styles of martial art that originate in Asia that are recognised and practised all over the globe. These styles are karate and judo. The first is known as Kung Fu, while the second is Taekwondo. Both styles of martial art have made appearances in Hollywood films, which have contributed to their increased popularity. As a result of its popularity, there is now a significant number of practitioners all over the globe. It is essential to do a side-by-side comparison of the two styles before selecting one. Which martial art would prevail between Kung Fu and Taekwondo in the event of a fight between the two? Let’s find out.
The Description of Kung Fu
Kung fu is a traditional kind of martial arts that originated in China. It is considered to be one of the first forms of martial arts ever developed, and its practitioners continue to this day. These particular forms of martial arts were first developed by Shaolin monks, who saw a need for an efficient method of protecting their temples. Anyone interested in studying Kung Fu was required to go to the Shaolin temples, which are located in the Chinese highlands, and put in a lot of hard work. Training must begin at a very early age for one to have any chance of becoming a real master of Kung Fu. Because of this, parents who wanted their children to study Kung Fu were required to send them to the Shaolin monks at a young age.
The Kung Fu techniques are mostly derived from nature. They copy the aspects of different creatures and use them as fighting techniques, leading them to have animal names like tiger style, or crane style. These techniques have been shown often in martial arts movies, although they are typically altered for entertainment purposes.
Kung Fu is not only about power and strength, it requires the student to have the proper mindset, discipline, attitude, patience, and knowledge. Of course, proper strength, endurance, and good health are also needed as the styles can be quite physically demanding. Kung Fu requires the student to be one with nature and because of this, part of Kung Fu training is meditation. Because of the vastness and the understanding needed to properly use each one effectively, it would be almost impossible to learn and master all the fighting stances available in Kung Fu.
>>> Read Next >>>
The Description of Taekwondo
Taekwondo is the most popular martial art from South Korea. This martial art has become so popular that it is now an event in the Olympics in which more than a hundred countries participate in. In terms of a number of people practicing, Taekwondo is currently the most popular martial art in the world. Taekwondo mostly uses kicks when fighting, but there are also several techniques using the fists. The name loosely means “The way of the hands and feet.”
Taekwondo combines combat techniques with exercise, sports, self-defense, and meditation, even philosophy. There two main styles of taekwondo, the Traditional and the Sports Taekwondo. The Traditional Taekwondo is the one practiced by the military and some civilians. Sports Taekwondo is what most countries use during the Olympics. The sports style slightly gives more emphasis to speed and to the competitive elements of sports and competition.
>>> Read Next >>>
Kung Fu vs Taekwondo: Which one is better?
When going head to head with each other – Kung Fu vs Taekwondo, choosing the better one is difficult. When it comes to popularity, both are very popular however, Taekwondo wins because of the sheer volume of practitioners. There are also more schools where anyone can learn it. Although there are many Kung Fu schools around the world, the number of schools per capita is still far higher in China than anywhere else.
When it comes to the variety of techniques that can be learned, in the Kung Fu vs Taekwondo debate Kung Fu is the clear winner due to the rich and diverse range of sub-styles available. Each of those styles has its own strengths as well as weaknesses and each one needs a different perspective to understand and learn.
When it comes to ease of learning, in Kung Fu vs Taekwondo, Taekwondo wins. Taekwondo can be learned almost by anyone who is dedicated enough. While this is also true of Kung Fu, Taekwondo requires far less effort and commitment to learning in comparison. Kung Fu requires years to develop the proper mindset before the actual fighting techniques even begin, while Taekwondo teaches the basics after just a few hours.
For those people who just want to learn martial arts for self-defense, Taekwondo will be the better choice.
Other Martial Arts Beginners Are Also Reading
- Make Good Decisions When Buying MMA Shorts
- Why Wearing A Jiu Jitsu Gi Is Important When Training?
- Definitions Of Various MMA Training Gear And Fighting Gear
- The Largest MMA Organization The UFC Is Now Taking Over MMA Fashion With UFC Clothing And Apparel
- Fairtex Training Gear Is One Of The Most Sought After Gear By MMA Enthusiasts
- Venum Clothing Is Making A Big Impact MMA With Their Unique Venum Fight Shorts
- About MMA Gloves And Where To Find MMA Gear
- MMA Rash Guards And Grappling Rash Guard Have Many Benefits When Training MMA
- Women’s MMA Gear, Clothing & Apparels Guide For Female Fighters!
- How Properly Use A Heavy Bag For Boxing?
- Is Sledgehammer Training Becoming A Key Part For MMA Training
- MMA Rash Guards Offer Extra Protection
- The Benefits Of Using A Free Standing Heavy Bag
- Mma Kickboxing
- Is A Muay Thai Bag Different Than A Boxing Bag?
- Major Advances In Men’s MMA Shorts
- Kickboxing And MMA Training Require Quality MMA Shin Guards
- Optimum MMA Training Begins With Quality MMA Training Gear
- Starting With Kickboxing
- Amazon Prime Day 2022 – Best Discounts For Martial Arts Accessories | Training Equipment Under COVID-19
- Martial Arts Protective Gear & Equipment | Black Friday Deals For Training Under COVID-19
- Get A Pro Quality Fight Jersey For MMA Training
- Using Boxing Gloves For Mixed Martial Arts Training
- Quality Fairtex Training Gear
- Is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Right For You?
- Five Equipment Essentials Of MMA Training
- MMA HeadWear And MMA Hats Are A Great Addition To Any Wardrobe
- Get A MMA Fight Jersey From Top Apparel & Clothing Brands
- Productive Training With MMA Training Gear And Martial Arts Training Equipment
- Today’s MMA Shorts And Grappling Shorts Offer Style And Performance
- MMA Training Pads And Proper Sparring Equipment Are Needed When Training MMA
- Jiu Jitsu Pro Gear Is Essential To Training Your Ground Game
- An MMA Mouth Guard Is Essential When Training Or Competing In MMA
- Men’s MMA Shorts And Fight Shorts Are Becoming More Stylish
- Womens MMA Gear & Womens MMA Clothing Becoming More Popular As The Sport Grows
- Using Fight Gear, MMA Gear And MMA Clothing To Train Right And Look Good!
- How Meditation Can Really Win You The Fight?
👍 For Adults
- HAPKIDO – Mastering The Art (Part 2)
- Introduction To Ninjutsu
- The Importance Of Commitment In Martial Art
👍 For Kids
- What You Will Learn At Dojo Of Traditional Japanese Jiu-jitsu
- An Introduction To Shotokan Karate
- Which Sports Are Most Popular In America? Here Are What Is Supposed To Be The Top 20!
👍 Martial Arts Equiptments