Wrestling is incredibly hard. It takes a toll on you not just psychologically and emotionally, but also mentally and physically. It’s not uncommon for practises and matches to be stressful, but tournaments take things to a whole new level.
Tournaments often take the whole day, which may make for a very exhausting experience. Some of these things may start to tear people down, especially once they’ve passed the halfway mark in the race. However, losing weight would be the most difficult of all of these challenges.
To go for months without eating or drinking that much requires an incredible amount of self-control and determination. Particularly if your weight loss is somewhere between fifteen and more than thirty pounds. Have competed on Colorado’s state champion wrestling team, which has won the title for the last eight years in a row. Only the most resilient members of the squad have survived.
Everyone on the team at least cut ten pounds. But the more die-hard wrestlers would cut to as much as thirty pounds. Some people may ask why would you even cut weight? Well say you naturally weigh 152 lbs and cut to 140 lbs.
Singlets are the one-piece uniform that wrestlers are usually seen wearing. The materials that are usually used to make singlets are spandex and nylon, since they cling to the body and are difficult to grab at during a match.
Singlets come in three different shapes, namely, the high-cut, the fila-cut and the low-cut and are usually worn on top of a jockstrap. Reversible singlets, which can be worn inside out, are also in great demand because of their dual color combination.
Once you purchase your mats it’s very important that you keep them well maintained, clean and sanitary. Invest in products such as KenPlus disinfectant.
Remember that a lot of physical activity will be taking place on your mats and some of it will be violent. It’s not uncommon for bodily fluids, which can cause disease, such as blood, saliva and urine to end up on your mats.
>>> Read Next >>>
Other gear equipments include knee and elbow pads which protect wrestler’s limbs and joints from getting injured during a fall. These equipments are specially designed so that the wrestler can move without any restriction. Knee and elbow pads are soft and cushiony on the inside and have high flexibility.
Though not a requirement in international wrestling, these are definitely helpful in preventing grievous wounds during college level tournaments. Other protective gears include face masks and braces to protect the head region and jockstraps to support the male genitalia. Without these gears, wrestling can become very risky since the sport is known to be dangerously violent at times.
Other Martial Arts Beginners Are Also Reading
- Amazon Prime Day 2022 – Best Discounts For Martial Arts Accessories | Training Equipment Under COVID-19
- Martial Arts Protective Gear & Equipment | Black Friday Deals For Training Under COVID-19
- Get A Pro Quality Fight Jersey For MMA Training
- Using Boxing Gloves For Mixed Martial Arts Training
- Quality Fairtex Training Gear
- Why Wearing A Jiu Jitsu Gi Is Important When Training?
- Is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Right For You?
- Five Equipment Essentials Of MMA Training
- MMA HeadWear And MMA Hats Are A Great Addition To Any Wardrobe
- Get A MMA Fight Jersey From Top Apparel & Clothing Brands
- Productive Training With MMA Training Gear And Martial Arts Training Equipment
- Today’s MMA Shorts And Grappling Shorts Offer Style And Performance
- MMA Training Pads And Proper Sparring Equipment Are Needed When Training MMA
- Jiu Jitsu Pro Gear Is Essential To Training Your Ground Game
- An MMA Mouth Guard Is Essential When Training Or Competing In MMA
- Men’s MMA Shorts And Fight Shorts Are Becoming More Stylish
- Womens MMA Gear & Womens MMA Clothing Becoming More Popular As The Sport Grows
- Using Fight Gear, MMA Gear And MMA Clothing To Train Right And Look Good!
- Definitions Of Various MMA Training Gear And Fighting Gear
- The Largest MMA Organization The UFC Is Now Taking Over MMA Fashion With UFC Clothing And Apparel
- Fairtex Training Gear Is One Of The Most Sought After Gear By MMA Enthusiasts
- Venum Clothing Is Making A Big Impact MMA With Their Unique Venum Fight Shorts
- About MMA Gloves And Where To Find MMA Gear
- MMA Rash Guards And Grappling Rash Guard Have Many Benefits When Training MMA
- Women’s MMA Gear, Clothing & Apparels Guide For Female Fighters!
- How Properly Use A Heavy Bag For Boxing?
- Is Sledgehammer Training Becoming A Key Part For MMA Training
- MMA Rash Guards Offer Extra Protection
- The Benefits Of Using A Free Standing Heavy Bag
- Mma Kickboxing
- Is A Muay Thai Bag Different Than A Boxing Bag?
- Major Advances In Men’s MMA Shorts
- Kickboxing And MMA Training Require Quality MMA Shin Guards
- Optimum MMA Training Begins With Quality MMA Training Gear
- Make Good Decisions When Buying MMA Shorts
- Starting With Kickboxing
- Best Martial Arts Styles And Actions In 2022 | Exercise Under COVID-19
- Safety Awareness Training
- MMA Cyber Training Has Definitely Become More In Demand, But Is It Truly Effective?
👍 For Adults
- Ecko Unlimited Dresses You Up In Style
- Circuit Training: One Of The Best Training Methods For MMA
- HAPKIDO – Mastering The Art (Part 2)
👍 For Kids
- Explained By Expert: Differences Between Kung Fu Vs Taekwondo | Martial Arts In 2022
- Building Your Child’s Character By Enrolling Them In Ninjutsu And Other Martial Arts Training
- Starting Out In Aikido
👍 Martial Arts Equiptments