There are many distinct styles of martial arts that may be practised. When it comes to choose an art form to study, it might be challenging for some individuals to choose just one among the many available options. We are able to classify the fighting arts into a variety of different types of martial arts in order to make this process a little bit simpler, at the very least to some extent. If you do this, it will be much simpler to determine which one will appeal to you the most, and you can then choose one from among the options that fall into that category.
Aside from this, those who engage in mixed martial arts or individuals who presumably would like to acquire more than just one fighting style will need to master two or more of these talents in order to be successful. The vast majority of people who make the decision to study a single art form often abandon their efforts in the middle of the process since they are unable to locate a method that is suited to their own personalities. Therefore, it is really necessary to get further knowledge about a certain fashion before making a commitment to it. The many types of martial arts are arranged here according to the various techniques they use.
Stand-Up / Striking
The stand-up or striking martial arts styles allow defense of oneself with the use of punches, kicks, elbows, knees, and blocks. The artist will learn the utilization of these moves (or combinations of these) depending on the specific martial art that he/she is trying to master. Most often than not, these styles utilize not only stand-up or styling alone, but in conjunction with the other styles (which will be discussed further below). Included in this style of fighting are:
- Kung Fu
- Krav Maga
- Muay Thai
- Tang Soo Do
- Tae Kwon Do
>>> Read Next >>>
Ground / Grappling
This style focuses on the art of taking the opponent to the ground. In doing so, the artist will be able to accomplish a dominant position and possibly cause a submission to declare his victory in the fight. Grappling-style martial arts include the following:
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Luta Livre
- Catch Wrestling
- Russian Sambo
- Sumo Wrestling
>>> Read Next >>>
Takedown / Throwing
One of the martial arts styles that require excellent athleticism and upper body strength is this. In martial arts, the best – and sure – way to win a fight is the use of throws and takedowns. The styles listed in the grappling category above all apply the takedown respects. The following are fighting styles that utilize throwing and takedowns (and grappling as a secondary focus):
- Shuai Jiao
>>> Read Next >>>
The martial arts styles that make use of weapons usually utilize several of the other fighting styles mentioned here (e.g. Karate uses a wooden sword known as the Bokken). Aside from these, there are martial art forms whose primary focus is the use of weapons over all other considerations. The weapon-based fighting styles include:
>>> Read Next >>>
Meditative / Low Impact
If there would be martial arts styles that make use of spirituality than physical combat, then it would have to be the meditative form. The practice of this style primarily focuses on the spiritual side of the person, using both physical fitness and breathing techniques in fighting. The low impact martial art forms include:
- Tai Chi
- Chi Gong (Chi gung, Qigong)
>>> Read Next >>>
The martial arts styles that are getting the most hype and popularity (as evidenced by multimedia frenzies) today are those under the hybrid domain. Basically, most fighting styles make use of a technique (or more) based on another fighting style technique. This is highlighted in the recent upsurge with the mixed martial art forms. Mixed martial arts – or MMA – are even taught in the majority of the schools today as a part of the physical education curriculum. Technically, MMA means having different martial arts styles into a single fighting form. However, MMA is also used colloquially to refer to the mixed martial arts known as the modern sport that combines grappling, throws, takedowns, stand-up fighting, and submissions. Before this was sensationalized, the original martial arts that belonged to this category include the following:
- Jeet Kune Do (JKD)
The different styles of martial arts will help identify the main techniques that will be utilized in certain forms of fighting, thus giving a clearer picture of what to expect from the practice. This will be beneficial for those who are trying to start learning martial art but are still undecided about which one to pursue.
Other Martial Arts Beginners Are Also Reading
- MMA HeadWear And MMA Hats Are A Great Addition To Any Wardrobe
- Definitions Of Various MMA Training Gear And Fighting Gear
- The Largest MMA Organization The UFC Is Now Taking Over MMA Fashion With UFC Clothing And Apparel
- Fairtex Training Gear Is One Of The Most Sought After Gear By MMA Enthusiasts
- Venum Clothing Is Making A Big Impact MMA With Their Unique Venum Fight Shorts
- About MMA Gloves And Where To Find MMA Gear
- MMA Rash Guards And Grappling Rash Guard Have Many Benefits When Training MMA
- Women’s MMA Gear, Clothing & Apparels Guide For Female Fighters!
- How Properly Use A Heavy Bag For Boxing?
- Is Sledgehammer Training Becoming A Key Part For MMA Training
- MMA Rash Guards Offer Extra Protection
- The Benefits Of Using A Free Standing Heavy Bag
- Mma Kickboxing
- Is A Muay Thai Bag Different Than A Boxing Bag?
- Major Advances In Men’s MMA Shorts
- Kickboxing And MMA Training Require Quality MMA Shin Guards
- Optimum MMA Training Begins With Quality MMA Training Gear
- Make Good Decisions When Buying MMA Shorts
- Starting With Kickboxing
- Amazon Prime Day 2022 – Best Discounts For Martial Arts Accessories | Training Equipment Under COVID-19
- Martial Arts Protective Gear & Equipment | Black Friday Deals For Training Under COVID-19
- Get A Pro Quality Fight Jersey For MMA Training
- Using Boxing Gloves For Mixed Martial Arts Training
- Quality Fairtex Training Gear
- Why Wearing A Jiu Jitsu Gi Is Important When Training?
- Is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Right For You?
- Five Equipment Essentials Of MMA Training
- Get A MMA Fight Jersey From Top Apparel & Clothing Brands
- Productive Training With MMA Training Gear And Martial Arts Training Equipment
- Today’s MMA Shorts And Grappling Shorts Offer Style And Performance
- MMA Training Pads And Proper Sparring Equipment Are Needed When Training MMA
- Jiu Jitsu Pro Gear Is Essential To Training Your Ground Game
- An MMA Mouth Guard Is Essential When Training Or Competing In MMA
- Men’s MMA Shorts And Fight Shorts Are Becoming More Stylish
- Womens MMA Gear & Womens MMA Clothing Becoming More Popular As The Sport Grows
- Using Fight Gear, MMA Gear And MMA Clothing To Train Right And Look Good!
- HAPKIDO – Mastering The Art (Part 2)
- Which MMA Fighting Style Is The Most Effective?
👍 For Adults
👍 For Kids
- Building Your Child’s Character By Enrolling Them In Ninjutsu And Other Martial Arts Training
- Starting Out In Aikido
- What You Will Learn At Dojo Of Traditional Japanese Jiu-jitsu
👍 Martial Arts Equiptments